I'm feeling pretty victorious right now. I just posted my 30th crochet pattern in as many days. Every day in April I posted a new crochet pattern!
Here are a few facts for you about my 30 day journey.
- I came up with this idea on March 28.
- I had 7 beanies crocheted before I started.
- I had pictures taken and edited of 3 of the 7.
- I had 0 patterns ready to go.
- I did not buy any new yarn for this challenge.
- I worked a full time teaching job as well as after school tutoring while posting a new crochet pattern every day.
And I'm damn proud of myself! I honestly can't believe I was organized enough to plan ahead and pull all of this off. A lot of days I was still crocheting the beanie in the morning, photographing it on my lunch break, putting the pictures in the pattern and posting it at night. Whew!
So, why did I put myself through this difficult challenge?
- I wanted to use up some of my stash.
- I needed practice putting my stuff out there without overthinking everything.
- I wanted to experiment with the best days/times to post new content.
- I wanted to have 30 more patterns to post on the web and start bringing in some passive $$!
And what were my results?
- I nearly quadrupled the number of subscribers to my mailing list.
- I have 100 new Instagram followers. And that's a lot considering I had about 275 when I started the challenge.
- I have 30 new patterns to post to Etsy, Ravelry and Craftsy.
- I feel so much more confident! People like my stuff! They really like it! Hooray!
So, if you're reading this. I'd love to say thanks by offering you this coupon! Through May 5, 2015, you can use the coupon code 30in30 to get 50% off all of the crochet patterns in my shop. So, if you missed any of the freebies this month, you can grab them at a discount!
Also, I'd love to hear from you. Have you ever completed a crochet challenge? Or any similar challenge where you had to do a lot in a short time? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below.